Saturday, February 03, 2007

One hot and steamy week

And it's over, thank God.

Last Saturday, me and my housemates had a date with the aircon contractor for our bedrooms' regular aircon cleaning and maintenance. I didn't have any problem with my aircon before that but after last Saturday's service I noticed that the air seemed to be not cold. I thought my sleepless nights were just because of my long hair, my pajamas and my thick blanket or maybe even just my imagination but after one week I knew it was the airconditioner who was making me have those oh so hot nights. And so today I had another date with the aircon contractor. It turned out my aircon compressor ran out of gas (leaked apparently). I was not happy of course, because aside from the contractor being late, I had to pay for the gas top up (which was almost double of the cleaning service fees!). But well, even if I was convinced before that, that the reason for my aircon's regression in performance had something to do with last week's service, I just had to shrug it off and accept that it was just coincidential. Acceptance is, anyways, the start of moving on, you just have to accept and give the benefit of the doubt and trust. In the end, I chose to be happy anyhow since all's well that ends well.

So to celebrate the end of my hot and steamy sleepless nights, I endulged myself in a relaxing bubble bath, thanks to: Kimage hairsalon, The Body Shop's Papaya Foam bath (now on 20% sale from usual S$19.90), the candles lit and Hayley Westenra's angelic voice in her Odyssey Album.


Sometimes, all you need to get consoled is that embrace from the warm, fragrant water and the tranquility you experience as you close your eyes and feel your body relax in it's most natural form of nakedness.


****
Photo credits:

~Candle in l'alcazar bar , Paris

No comments: