Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Final Answer

Question: When is it time to quit your job?

a. When you started out with a very good positive outlook, tried your very best to contribute to the improvement of your team and be miss congeniality but you still ended up being treated unprofessionally?
b. When you experience stereotyping and racist remarks?
c. When you are already getting nightmares about work?
d.When your confidence is getting trashed which results to the start of straining your personal relationships?
e. When you can't sleep anymore because you are scared of what lies ahead on the next working day?
f. And when you're able to sleep you still wake up earlier than your alarm due to anxiety on what would happen at the start of business day?
g. When you feel like having a heart attack whenever the phone rings? And your phone is constantly ringing.
h. When your left eye starts to have involuntary twitching at the thought of going back to work?
i. When you lose your appetite?
j. All of the above.


I have tendered my resignation from work today and this time, I am not taking it back. This would not be a surprising news for those who know me, I guess. I think by now I have already gotten the reputation of being a job quitter. I know it gives the impression that I give up so easily when things get tough or that my expectations are too high. I've started to doubt myself too but then I now know I shouldn't.

I don't think I am being a coward for quitting because it actually takes a lot of courage to stand by your principles and retain your self esteem than just hold on to the agony that is eating your dignity piece by piece.

I am taking another big risk, I know. I still have not forgotten the difficulties I faced looking for a new job a few months back. I am bracing myself for this, yes, but I am still hopeful that I will finally find the right match.

As Kenny Rogers said, "Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great."
And I don't think he was talking about chicken. ;-)

No comments: