Friday, June 23, 2006

Meet Bogart


He is our house bear. He sits by a chair in the living room beside the window.

I first met him the first time I came to the flat I live in now. After the previous tenants left Singapore, they gave everything to my then housemate including him. When I moved in to the flat I decided to name him Bogart. When my then housemate moved out, he said he'd be back one day to take Bogart and the rest of his stuff he left in the storage room.

Bogart knows all our guests because I introduce him to all our visitors. So everyone who has visited our flat should know Bogart. He knows everything that's happening in our flat.

There was this one time when the window was left open and it rained so hard during the day. When I came home from work I was so devastated to see Bogart all wet and so was almost half of the living room floor flooded! I felt so sad that it had to happen to Bogart, imagine helplessly getting all soaked and cold...

It's been almost a year now that I have been living with Bogart and he has always been a competent house bear. I have changed housemates but Bogart remained loyally with me. He patiently watch over our flat whenever me and my housemates are not home. He knows me quite well -- he has seen me eat in front of the TV, laugh by myself, write in my blog and cry by myself. I have grown so fond of Bogart that for some time I have been worrying about how I would feel so sad when the time comes when my previous housemate would take him back. But thankfully enough, when I asked my previous housemate recently if I could keep Bogart, he agreed. So Bogart will stay with me for as long as he wants. :)

This weekend though, he would be alone in our flat because this morning my housemates went home to the Philippines and then tomorrow I will go home as well. I hope Bogart would not be so lonely, because I understand how being alone could be so depressing. But then again, Bogart is always smiling, and perhaps it's because he knows that everytime I go away, I am coming back.

4 comments:

Richard said...

I'm sure he gives good hugs.

Kay said...

I know its too late to wish u a safe journey home and have lots of fun..

U could actually sent Bogart over to my place so I can 'bear-sit' him while u were gone..I bet he's gonna miss u.

Prince Romp said...

Im gonna to luv Bogart too. i hope he dont bark at me when i visit you one day!

You going home?

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Richard: Yes, bogart gives good hugs :)

Sassy: Thanks, I'm sure Bogart will be thrilled to be taken care by you. :)

Prince: Yup, I went home over the weekend last week then went back to Singapore again...then yesterday left Singapore again to be here at... (to be posted on my next entry ;-) )