Friday, November 17, 2006

Coffee fairy turned 20!

ok, ok, not really 20 but 20 plus 7, ahihihi (^,^)
Just that twenty-seven doesn't rhyme with fairy but twenty does, hehe.

So the coffee has been brewed another year. This year though is quite different, because this year has been a great, great year -- many lessons learned, many discovered things, many new friends, many blessings...indeed another turning point in my life, to which I am very thankful to God for.

The morning of my birthday I processed my Permanent Residency formalites. Yup, I am no longer under employment pass in Singapore but now an official permanent resident. Though it makes me technically not an Overseas Filipino Worker anymore, it does not make me feel any less Filipino. My cellphone's battery went off before I finished processing. I felt so uneasy, I felt that people must be trying to reach me at that time but could not because my phone was off. However, as I ate my lunch, I started to feel that I actually felt that being "unreachable" at that moment gave me time to be just with myself and to reflect on my life. And it felt good because I realized how much I feel so special for being loved by my family and friends. I realized how much I love and treasure my family and friends. I realized how much I appreciate my life right now, and that I should actually be thankful for what I have and not what I lack.
My family and friends will always be my pillars of strength, my source of inspiration and I thank them so much from the bottom of my caffeinated heart:

To my sweet housemates who surprised me with a yummy mango birthday cake the night before my birthday. To Sister porky and Kuya Porky who have sent me a personalized birthday card plus a catalog of In and Out Burger (my favorite burger resto in California!).To my Mama and Papa (my parents), who sent me touching birthday cards (one sent to my home, the other sent to my office). To my godparents, Tito Michael and Tita Baby, for the cute birthday card and bouquet of flowers with a cute teddy bear delivered to me in my office; To my FFs (forever friends yan ha, hehe) who were with me for a birthday coffee and chat: Chuvanescence, my "fantastic friend" (o ha, parang marvel superhero) for wearing his special green t-shirt just for my birthday (hehe); Cosmo Chick, my "fashonista friend", for the birthday gift and handmade birthday card from her pretty daughter Margaux; to Maia, my "faithful friend", for the sexy birthday gift (yihee); Aoisoba , my "frisky friend"(naiisip ko kasi pag frisky e pusa, tapos naisip ko love mo cats...ayan nahanapan ko ng connect, haha), for the creative gift (framed messages from our ex-colleague friends in the Philippines) and the purple authentic Indian blouse; Omaritosan, my "fitness friend", who's really so sweet and made his yahoo messenger contacts leave me offline birthday messages, plus sent me a very nice birthday cake at my office; to everyone who has made my day so special by the emails, offline messages and SMS greetings you've sent.

Thank you to everyone who has made my day so special. I am really touched by how you have gone out of your way to make my birthday a memorable one and how much you really know what would make me happy. I love you very much and I thank God for having you in my life.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Cavalock said...

Happy belated birthday!

Richard said...

Happy belated birthday. At 27 you are still so-o-o-o young! (Even if it doesn't necessarily feel that way to you).

Hope you had a great day and a wonderful year ahead.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Thank you Cavalock and Richard! :)

Echoserang Frog said...

ang pasaway nung humarap!!!! hahaha