Saturday, November 17, 2007

Coffee and the VIP


17 November 2007

5:36pm

TCC, The Atrium

Orchard Road, Singapore




So yes, it's my special day. I am wearing a nice dress. I am wearing a little make up plus my usual jewelries and perfume. My hair is on a half pony tail with a gold clip. I feel pretty, yay! :)


I am waiting for the margarita coffee that I ordered. I look around and I see a lot of young cadets assembling and forming a line to welcome someone. I wonder who it is...


My margarita coffee is served, in a cute martini glass, some salt around the tip of the glass. I wonder how it tastes, hmmmnnn...I take a sip using the thin straw, mmm, nice. The mix of baileys, kahlua and espresso coffee is perfect! I take a sip again,but this time, not using the straw, so I taste the tip of the glass...it's not salt but sugar! Sweet! :P


I am waiting for 7pm, when I will be having dinner with my good friends here. I decide to do some thinking to pass some time and I think about how I am having a very nice day so far -- waking up at 10am to receive a beautiful flower arrangement and balloons delivery from my family in the Philippines; birthday brunch of tuyo, danggit fried bangus, fried eggs and lots of rice with housemate Uly; getting a birthday gift from my housemates; the nice jewelry box as birthday gift from my colleague yesterday plus the birthday lunch treat in a Thai resto by another colleague (my lunch buddy); the birthday workout at the gym earlier this afternoon, where the staff greeted me a happy birthday upon returning my membership ID; the birthday text messages I have been getting since last night plus the phone calls I received; calling home this morning to speak with my family...


I think about ordering another drink as I finish my margarita coffee. I am thinking of getting another liquer-spiked coffee but I order for a blue mountain coffee instead (their "very best" coffee here, I'd say it's their most expensive! :P) I wouldn't want to go to my birthday dinner already tipsy, would I?

I look around, the young cadets are still lined up and their officers are starting to get a bit tensed, perhaps it means the VIP's arrival is nearing. I still wonder who it is.



My blue mountain coffee is served. It is on a little white cup with black stripes and on a black saucer, and with two little cookies on the side. I wonder how good it tastes so I sip a little without any sugar or milk on it. Mmmmnnn, it is ok, not bitter. The smell reminds me of the countryside, of vegetables! Yes, it's weird but it is!

Now I add two sugars and a little milk, the I sip. Hmmnn, I think I should have added just one sugar. I pop one of the cookies in my mouth. I look at my watch, it's 6:20pm, I better hurry and finish my coffee. The VIP has not arrived still and I am wishing he/she arrives before I leave. I take a big gulp of my coffee then I take the other cookie but this time I bite just one half....sip more coffee, then eat the remaining half of the cookie.



It starts to get dark, the lights in this cafe' are switched on. I take more gulps of my coffee until I drink all of it. Then I turn around and ask for my bill at the waitress. She hands me the bill after a minute (that's so fast!). She asks if I am from the Philippines. I answer yes and asks her how she knows. She says she just figured so. I hand her my credit card and membership card. She explains that both cards entitle me to a discount but I can only use one of the two. She advise that I use my membership card because it will also give me rebate points. I agree. She goes to the cash register. I look around and see that the cadets are dispersing. Aaaack!!! I missed the arrival of the VIP!?!?! :(
The waitress comes back with the receipt for me to sign. She tells me I have S$7.60 worth of points as of now and that I can use it on my next visit. I thank her. She is nice. I look around again and see the cadets sitting nearby. It seems they were just practicing and the VIP has not arrived?




It's 6:35pm now, I better get going. It's time for my birthday dinner. (Weee!!!)



I may not know who the VIP is, but I think I'll just leave it as thinking that the VIP is........me!!! :)




7 comments:

dayOHbee said...

haha! yep! ur the VIP indeed! woohoo! :)

happy birthday to u, coffee fairy! *hugs!mwah!*

Aunty Jowe said...

hapi birthday missy!!! :)

Richard said...

Happy belated birthday! I am certain you are a VIP.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

hey everyone! thanks thanks :)

Anonymous said...

without a doubt you are a VIP...;)
belated happy birthday!

aoi soba said...

Very Important Pumpkin!!! haberday!

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

hello anonymous, thanks! Care to give me the honor of knowing thyself? ;)

aoisoba!!! i mishu!!!!!