Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Allez! Allez! Allez!

Félicitations à moi! (Congratulations to me!)
Pourqoui? (Why?)
Parce que aujourd'hui, j'ai suivi ma classe française, pour toutes le trois heurs! (Because today, I attended my french class, for all the 3 hours!)
~~~~~~

Yes, I've resumed having my french lessons 6 weeks ago. It was not easy to do it, because I've stopped for months and I had a lot to catch up, (although I did still read all these french emails everyday at work). Plus, the very important factor that it adds to my frustration at work because I feel like it is an extension of my work hours so I've never been that enthusiastic about learning it. Three consecutive hours of lessons one day of each week can be very heavy, I tell you.

Anyhoo, I'm just very glad that I got myself to go to class today. I've actually missed the past two classes already because I was able to find some "good" excuses - I was a bit not feeling well the two weeks ago and last week I just felt like I've had too much of the french for that day and I couldn't take in some more. In my homework, here's what I even wrote down:

Quels sont vos désirs ou vos projets? (What are your desires or projects?)
Je voudrais quitter mon travail et étre écrivaine. (I would like to quit my job and become a writer.)

And I was sooo tempted to skip it again today but then I knew that if I don't attend today's class, I would most probably skip the rest of the remaining 3 lessons altogether. Oh la la! Ce n'est pas acceptable!

So how's my French now? After having completed my elementary French, well, I am happy to say that I can read fairly well. I can write fairly good but which takes A LOT of effort and I still have to remember to put my adjectives in the right gender form and most of all, remember all my verb conjugations! For my listening comprehension and speaking, well they suck! :( I need to improve here big time.

Oh well, the important thing is that I am learning. I may be slow but I will get there!

Allez!

No comments: