Saturday, November 29, 2008

My (oh my gosh I'm really 29 now) birthday!


It's actually my little sister's birthday today. (Happy Birthday sistah!!!) But let me take this opportunity to write about my birthday two weeks ago (haha, hey, this is my blog anyways :P ). I won't let this month end without blogging about it!

My birthday seemed to have been like 5 days long. Started on Friday, the 15th, when I had a big dinner with my very dear friends, Ays, Diovs, and Omar at the airport before I took my flight to the Philippines. The 16th, I met with my Travbuddy Philippines friends, where we had dinner and spent the rest of the night til the wee hours of the morning drinking and talking, talking, talking at Jenn's place. It was fun to hang out with them again and its worth going home at 7am the following day and worth being prejudged again by another taxi driver who couldn't keep his mouth shut from saying a perfectly annoying comment to start a conversation: "Ma'am mukhang galing kayo sa boypren nyo ah" (Ma'am, you seem to have just gotten out from your boyfriend's place). In my mind I gave him one very good uppercut.

Anyhoo, Sunday, was a big buffet lunch of Japanese, Filipino and American dishes with my family at a restaurant. Then dinner and coffee with my bestfriends since highschool: Melanie, Debbie, Maebel and Alison.

On Monday, my actual birthday, most at home almost forgot that it was my birthday, including me! But well I had to remember it because I spent the whole morning renewing my driver's license. And I got greetings thru sms and IMs from friends: from Singapore, from the Philippines, from Ireland (hi miswa Nina!), from Canada, phone calls from my sisters, messages in Facebook, etc. And here's more - I got a very sweet surprise of a dozen pink roses from my chili friends :)


I wish I had more time in the Philippines, I wanted to meet some more good friends (like Mhe, Ate Prime and some friends from highschool) and spend some more time with my family but 3 days will never be enough! :(

Anyhoo, I didn't cry on my flight going back to Singapore the night of my birthday. It was the first time I spent a part of my birthday on the airport and airplane. I arrived at 1am and found a gift on the dining table from my sweet flatmates.

The following day, I was back to work and I wasn't expecting anymore surprises but..first I got a nice bunch of flowers with chocolates and a cute sheep from Boy Libog, who up to now I still don't know who really is. Then another set of beautiful and fragrant flowers from my family in California. In the afternoon, two of my colleagues (my lunch buddies) made a little party in the pantry for me, they brought some very pretty handmade cupcakes (made by another friend of mine and her daughter).


Wow, that's quite a lot to feel so very special, huh? And I have not even mentioned the birthday gifts I got including those heartwarming blog entries of Diovs and Nina.

Ok, I hope I have not forgotten to mention anything else, but if I did, please excuse my short term memory lapse, I'm getting old, heehee :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha mga taxi drivers talaga pakialamero noh! at sino namang Boy Libog yan... grabeng pangalan naman... haha! pero sweet in fairness. :-D

belated happy bday! sayang we weren't able to get together.. pero was happy you had a very very good one this year! :-)

andiboi said...

oo nga!
baka kamag-anak nya si boy tite!
na kaibigan ni Betlog!
happy birdie uli ate! thanks a bunch!