Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kiss The Cook

There is always a bright side to everything as they say and one of the good thing about being jobless is I get to cook for my hubby. Cooking is one of the things I love to do but which I have been rarely doing since it is quite convenient and cheap to eat out in Singapore (Did you know that I actually wanted to be a chef when I was young?) plus having a husband who cooks really, really well (cooking is his passion), I tend to just leave the cooking to him. But now's the opportunity for me to rekindle my cooking skills. I just love it when hubby gets home with a home cooked meal waiting for him and that look when he eats is very dear and worth all the effort. So far I have been cooking mostly Filipino dishes for him although I did have a try on some Western dishes. Here's some dishes that I have cooked for him:
  • Fried Marinated chicken breast with pasta in pesto and mustard sauce
  • Fetuccini mushroom carbonara (oh yeah baby ;)
  • Pork topping in oyster sauce
  • Squid Adobo (hubby's all time favorite)
  • Long beans adobo (in Tagalog, Adobong sitaw)
  • Menudo (ground pork in soy sauce with carrots, potatoes and raisins)

Haha, I know, it's not a lot. But this does not include those easy to cook things like fried eggs, bacon and canned goods. I am thinking of more dishes to cook, maybe I could even try some of the more complicated Filipino dishes like Kare-kare and embutido. Here's a few that I think I'd do next:

  • Sinigang na Hipon
  • Pork adobo
  • Paksiw na isda
  • Pinakbet Tagalog
  • Tinolang manok
  • Nilagang baka
  • Sayote guisado (if i do find a sayote here)
  • Pininyahang manok
  • Tortang talong
  • Munggo guisado
  • Okoy

Any suggestions are also welcome :) I did not put the English translations on the above because hubby might be reading this and I don't want to spoil the surprise (Sweetie, if you're reading this, you are not allowed to ask your Pinoy friends for translation, ok? :P

3 comments:

aoi soba said...

gawa ka sa facebook ng album ng pictures ng luto mo ... :) then we compare notes..etchs

Anonymous said...

yo sistah, post mo sa QwekQwek.com yung mga luto mo ha pati recipe. Try mo din Bistek. Paborito yun ni Porky. =)

Unknown said...

check www.leaperrinskitchen.com.ph for great recipes! ;D