Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dr. Frankenstein

So I think there is usually this child in the family that you seem to find cute to just test her assertiveness because she seems sharp, right? 
I used to wonder when I was a child why my extended family always made me go into lengthy discussions with them about any random topic. I felt like I was always being put into a hot seat all the time. Well, when I grew up, I was told that as a child I had an answer for everything so they thought they would practice and test my sharpness by pretending to always try to disprove what I was saying. They said I'd make a good lawyer. 

My friends, please, no matter how you think it is cute to see how a child could try her best to prove herself, do not do it. Let the child be just a child. Don't make things complicated for them. Give them the chance to feel confident of themselves and to trust. Otherwise, the repercussions are high. I've been spending decades now trying to rebuild myself and I tell you, it is not easy and as you can most probably already see from this blog, I have relapses. 

Dear God, I am trying my best to become the best model for my daughter but may she grow up to be a better version of me. 

No comments: