Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Make up my mind

I was a late bloomer in terms of makeup. Though I did put on some lip gloss from time to time when I was still in University, it was only when I was about 22 and I started to work that I put on some face powder and a little eye shadow. I was 25 when I finally embraced the full ensemble - foundation, blush, mascara, eye color and liner, and made it part of my day to day routine. 
But I've always made my makeup simple. I tried to make it as "thin" and "natural" as much as possible because I just want to put on makeup to enhance my looks but not to alter it. 
Also, I do not want to be dependent on makeup. I still would like to be confident 
in my own makeup-less face. My idea is this: if makeup production suddenly stopped or if I got transported to a world without makeup it should not be a problem for me because I would still look "normal" without it, hehehe. You know what I mean ;)

Recently though, I did not put on make up one time and a friend said I looked pale, not knowing that I just did not put on my usual makeup. So that made me think twice about not putting on make up. There are also times when I try not to put on makeup when going out to do an errand like grocery shopping but I sometimes feel insecure so I wish that I won't bump into anybody I know. Hmmm, so I guess I have turned into what I was avoiding not to turn into :/

So right now I am trying to "go back to natural". I am trying to get used to not putting on makeup so often and try to look nice naturally. And I have a very good motivation to do this: my baby girl. I try not to put on makeup when I'm with her so I could cuddle and play with her 
without getting worried that I'll contaminate her face and hands (she loves to touch and play with my face) with chemicals. Also, I try to use makeup made of natural ingredients like that of Body shop's...

Alright, let's see how this new me goes ;)

No comments: