Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I'm now a SAHM !

Yes indeed, I'm now a stay-at-home-mum, finallly! It's been almost a month actually since I officially became one. 

But it hasn't been that long yet so I am still at the adjustment period, trying to establish a sustainable and productive routine. I got sick the first two weeks in fact, I had colds and sore throat and I almost felt like going down with the flu. I joked that it could be my body rejecting being a SAHM. But then again perhaps there's some truth to that. It's my first time to be alone as a full time housewife and mum. During my maternity leave days, I was always with someone, my parents during the first 3 months and my hubby on the 2 months after that. It was already hard work for me back then and now double that.

Recently I came across the word "bone tired" on an article by a parent and betcha-by-golly-wow, it is indeed the perfect desccription of how I feel! It's physical+mental+emotional exhaustion all into one. But then again, it amazes me how I seem to have the superpower to cope with lack of sleep, feeling "drained" from regularly expressing milk, preparing babyfood, doing the laundry, etc. I think it just comes naturally when you become a mother and I think what keeps us going is this grand inner joy we have in seeing our baby grow, a feeling of profound love no words could describe.

I would like to write some more, but I think I'll do that another time. My 10-month old is sleeping on my chest as I write this so I better conclude this post before she wakes up from the keyboard clicks.


xoxo (lol)

4 comments:

iamKayan said...

Yahoooo! ENJOY every moment. My advice is to list down the "projects" that you want to do so you won't forget. The truth is, it is really hard to find idle time when you are SAHM, contrary to popular belief. :P

I am 4 months into working, and I am beginning to think about going back to being SAHM again. Hihihihi.

Ays said...

yey! enjoy your being a SAHM. i'm about to end my very long vacation as a SAHW. back to work na ko. but i actually look forward to it.

aoi soba said...

Good luck and enjoy my dear :D

Ays said...

hey foy! i gave you a sunshine award. check it out on my blog :)