Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It's not only sad movies that make me cry

I stopped watching love story movies a couple of years ago. Well not really stopped, I just avoided watching them if I could. Because no matter how a love story went I was sure to cry. In the times when I did watch, my pretending toughie-toughie heart would reveal that it's actually a softie. So I decided to give my heart a break and gave it a chance to beat a little slower so it wouldn't completely die out of exhaustion. So I temporarily switched off my heart's romantic valve and put more lights on it's filial valve.

And the heart lives, filially.

But perhaps it has a natural way of saying that it can beat a little bit faster as time pass by. Perhaps even circumstances collaborate with the heart to remind you of the existence of the other valve before you completely forget about it.

But it could've also just been the 2 kilometer stride on the transport machine in the gym that made my heart beat faster that I suddenly had the urge to grab "You've Got Mail" instead of any non-romantic movie I was hoping to watch when I get home.

It's interesting how one movie that you have watched before could be different when you watch it again. Amazing how something that was just a line in the movie to you before would suddenly ring a bell, how hearing a foreign place would suddenly sound familiar to you, in just the exact moment.

Maybe that's it.

Maybe the heart needs a chance to show that it is ready to open up that other valve again so it starts to skip a little, then more and more... until you are convinced that it is time...


I still cried at the ending of the movie, oh yes.

But this time, though, with a smile.




***************
Image taken from
http://youvegotmail.warnerbros.com/

2 comments:

Aunty Jowe said...

and i think i know why you were smiling ;)

can't wait to do a long night's chat in February missy! :)

let's stroll on the beach while catching up! :)

~jowe

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Dear missy,
can't wait as well to see you in February. Yes, let's do that stroll in the beach. *Hugs*