Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Signs that I've been in Singapore too long now

1) While shopping with my mother, I was starting to get impatient that she was walking slowly and was like taking a lot of time at looking for what to buy. Just after I uttered to her (trying my best not to offend her) to walk a bit faster, I looked around the mall and realized that my mother was not slow because everyone was the same pace as hers, it was me who was walking too fast! :(
(I was also not anymore used to the moderate motion of the escalators in the Philippines. Oh yes, the speed of escalators in Singapore is significantly faster).

2) I was meeting Debbie at Robinsons Galleria and I sent her an sms to meet me at Pastamania. She asked where was it and I told her the third floor. I was surprised she didn't know where Pastamania was, because she frequents Robinsons Galleria and she should know where it was. When I got to the third floor, I almost gave myself a tap in the head -- the restaurant I had in mind was Chef d'Angelo! There is no Pastamania in the Philippines.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

4 comments:

Aunty Jowe said...

nakuw missy
don't be singapore-nized....
ok lah? :)

eh baka pagpunta mo dito lalo kang umangal sa kabagalan.. wehhehe...mas slow paced dito eh.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

hehe, wag kang mag-alala missy, papanatilihin ko ang pagiging Pinoy! ;o)
excited na ko pumunta dyan! malapit na! yey!

Anonymous said...

ako naman I was not used to smiling faces of sales attendants sa mall... sanay na ko sa mga masusungit na SAs haha! ;D

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

haha, oo nga. Pero in ferla, may mga mababait ding SAs dito, yun nga lang mas marami yung dedma. hehe. =)