Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas get-togethers and dinners

'Tis the season to be jolly...

Yup, Christmas is just around the corner. As most people, especially for foreign workers like me, who will be going back to home to Philippines or someplace else for their holidays, usually we do some get-together parties before going on own separate ways for the season. So I have had quite a busy week to squeeze in everything before I go on my holidays:

Dec 7, Friday: Dinner at Marché restaurant in Vivo City

Had a great time with my friends. It was like a deja vu, as two years ago we had our Christmas dinner at Marché in Orchard Road. I had some Swiss rosti with mushrooms and a rootbeer float for dinner and a mercy hug from Eypooh :P



Dec 8, Saturday: Back to the 80's Christmas Party

Had a very fun time with some friends reminiscing the 80's in Sunnysprings Condo Clubhouse. We dressed up. I wore a Bagets* inspired outfit, complete with a ponytail on the side hairdo. Who says blue and purple can't go together? hehehe. But hands down to Dayohbabe's pink tights. Thank you to the Chili organizers Ays, Eypooh and Dayohbabe and Donnah for a fun, fun, night and yummy Pinoy foods (macaroni salad is the best!), catered by Panyeros Catering. :)

*A very popular teenage movie in the Philippines during the 80's


Dec 9, Sunday: Christmas Lunch at 7107 flavors

On this rainy day, my housemates Uly and Mimi were so thoughtful enough to accompany me to do some winter clothes and travel bag shopping after going to mass together. We had a yummy Filipino lunch of garlic rice, sisig, kare-kare, laing and ensaladang mangga at 7,107 Flavors restaurant in Marina Square. I love the ambiance of this restaurant, especially the Filipino Christmas decors of parols (lanterns) and a belen . I also love the food presentation, makes you proud to be a Filipino ;)



Dec 11, Tuesday: Christmas dinner with the Chilis at The Forbidden City, Clarke Quay

As always, I had a great time with my chili friends. We had quite a posh experience in Indochine-The Forbidden City. This posh restaurant, beautiful ambiance and the food is superb too. The waitress was also a very nice young Filipina who was so accomodating and friendly and who made my night by guessing my age to be 23 years old (hahaha). We chilis also each had a glass of wine to conclude the night, we were missing Aoisoba all the while. Then yup, you might have guessed it, I had to take the cab to go home, as you know, even a very little amount of wine is lethal to me, hehehe.



Dec 12, Wednesday: Christmas dinner with Admin team at Tuk Long @ The Central, Clarke Quay

In my company, for Christmas, we go to dinners by department and as I am the only one in my department in our office, the administration department has adopted me to be a part of theirs. And just like last year, we had it in a Chinese restaurant, as all of them were Chinese. I do not mind it at all, since I like Chinese food. Last year though, we had it in the revolving restaurant on top of Meritus Mandarin Hotel along Orchard Road so I got nausated instead of enjoying the food. But this year we had it in Tuk Long restaurant in The Central Mall at Clarke Quay. We were so full from the 7-course meal plus 2 orders of chili crab. The food is great and one I can neverforget is how much the staff of this restaurant loved to change our plates and utensils after every course. They must really have a lot ofdishwashers. hehehe.



Dec 13, Thursday: Dinner with at Sun with Moon Resto in Wheelock place

This was our last class for our French course for this term and since there weren't much left to discuss, we only had 1 hour of class instead of the usual 3 hours. So we had plenty of time left for the night so my colleague (and my classmate in French too) and I then went to Orchard road and went to have dinner at Sun with Moon Japanese restaurant at Wheelock place. I've been wanting to eat here because I've had good feedbacks about it. True enough, the food and ambiance was great, I had a Japanese prawn and pork pancake and a very nice guava juice with little rose buds on top. I was also surprised to see that it wasn't as expensive as I thought it was. Then we went to a Mac store bought some stuff we need.


Whew! With so many food involved here, my entry seemed to have become a food and restaurant review, hehehe. Anyway, that's all for my Singapore Christmas get-togethers, now it's time to be on another side of the world.

1 comment:

aoi soba said...

1. nagutom ako kakabasa ng entry mona ito! hahahahah! samantalang ako eh puro patatas kinakain dito :P

2. naiingit ako kasi nde ako nakasama dun sa 80's party...pede pa naman ako kumanta ng menudo song

3. naluha naman ako dun sa entry sa forbidden city *sniff*sniff* nakakalungkot din uminom ng mag-isa lalo na at alam mo na enjoy ang dating kasama *sniff*sniff* kaya pala panay kagat ako sa dila ko nung a-onse. chux ...

wala lang :( pero shempre happy ako na masaya/okay/"ampalaya-loving" pa rin kayo dyan :D

kopipeyri, kinarir mo talaga etong blog entries ha