Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lost but not found

It was just a mere 10 to 15 minutes since I left that bus stop beside our condo and got to the train station and went back to that bus stop. But as I was expecting, I did not see my small red paper bag. I went back to my room, hoping that I left it there instead. Then I went to the bus station and checked if I may have left it in the bus. The bus station officer was quite accomodating to help me look inside the buses but when we didn't find any red paper bag, I became certain I left it at the bus stop and somebody had taken it already when I came back for it.


So what's with the red paper bag, anyway? Well, that red paper bag contained the Christmas gifts I nicely wrapped last night for my chili friends. I wanted to cry, but I did not, I had to be strong. It was devastating, but I had to accept that I lost them, and I could not do anything to bring them back. It was not easy to accept it, knowing that I only have myself to blame for it. Sometimes, stupid mistakes can be laughed off but for this instance,my absentmindedness was not a very easy thing to laugh off, because what I lost were gifts to my friends, gifts that I had enjoyed wrapping up with a special touch and I was excited for them to see...only to be lost and be found by someone who will just see those gifts as mere gifts wrapped in a typical Christmas wrapper. The bag also contained unused Christmas cards, which I meant to write and give to people close to my heart but just like the gifts, those will be just seen by someone as mere Christmas cards. But yeah, perhaps I was really meant to lose it and somebody else was meant to find it, perhaps that somebody needs it more than I do, perhaps that person also has some special people that he/she would like to give some presents this Christmas but he/she couldn't afford it, perhaps, perhaps...perhaps I should just leave it thinking as that. I consoled myself with that thought and the fact that I still could do something about the situation to find some remedy and move on. So I was still sad when I arrived at the office, I was 2 hours late. But by lunch break I was feeling a lot better, thanks to my lunch buddy who offered to help me go shopping again to "re-buy" the gifts I lost. By late afternoon I had completely recovered after finishing wrapping them up (yes,I did the wrapping at my desk during my work hours!) and was ready to meet my good friends for our Christmas dinner.


So, as the saying goes "all's well that ends well". It would have been nice if for each devastating experience, it would be just at the end of the day that we will realize that the conclusion of something tragic could become a happy ending afterall, no?

2 comments:

aoi soba said...

i want to smother you...with kisses :)

attagirl! pede mo naman nenukin uli yung mga lulurki na binalot mo eh :)

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Ninaaaaaa!! *hugs*