Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Paris is sweeter the second time around



I only spent a week this time, I spent the first four days only working and sleeping, I only had one weekend to go sight seeing plus it was winter and the day was shorter. The last time I was here, I was here for three weeks in the summer, when the day was very long and I had all the timeto go around. And yet I think I've seen more this time than the last time.


Paris still looks the same, the grand Eiffel tower, the narrow streets, the amazing parking ability of the French, the intricate buildings, the food, the Metro, the tourists...though I think it is even grander in winter time. The only thing very different is that smoking is not anymore allowed inside restaurants, I cannot believe it myself that this was successfully implemented. Anyways, last time I have observed that Paris had different faces, but this time around I have seen a new face that I did not see before. And when I think about why I only discovered this face this time is because now I see it from another perspective, when before I was just merely a spectator/observer, this time I see it as being part of it. Perhaps its because now I was more ready, I knew what was to expect...and of course, now supergirl speaks and understands some basics of the language, it makes a big difference, really. Atleast now I could order food, plus say and answer basic questions. Then also, I think it made a big, big difference that I was with my teammates, my department has grown bigger and it felt so much different to be part of a team, to go on lunch together, and rant on the same things. So different from being alone in Singapore office where it is so hard to really belong because even if I am under the Singapore office, my department is in Paris office, and that makes my position quite awkward...



I never thought I would feel this way, but I surprised myself when I admitted to myself that yes, I could actually live here for a longer time. So I guess, I do have my French side too. Finally, I got the french kiss I was hoping before. ;-)


What a great way to discover that winter can actually be warmer than summer...


3 comments:

Echoserang Frog said...

ay nafrench ka? in so proud of you!!!hahaha

aoi soba said...

ahahah sabagay kung may french kiss kahit yata -30 eh, bigla akomagpapawis charot!
hayaan mo na. makaksama mo na rin yang team mates mo or magkakateam ka na :D

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

hahaha! napapa-tumbling ako sa comments nyo! :P