Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Dears

Dear you,

For some time I had forgotten how it felt like to have butterflies in my stomach, that highschoolish feeling of being both nervous and excited at the same time. When I met you on a very special day, thru the magical language of rhythm, you made me forget that I was jaded.

So I liked you. And that's the sad thing about it. Because liking you has become the end instead of a beginning. We had chemistry, we enjoyed each other's company, even in just that very short time. But I could not comprehend what is it in your mind. I do not know who am I to you, I don't even know if you count me as a friend. Perhaps it was a cultural gap or the difference of our years, but whatever it was I just didn't want to remember you in a negative way, as at least I could try to keep you as a friend. That's why I let it pass, even when you made me a friend without a name, when a special moment just became simply a dinner at pizza hut. And just when I have finally got the courage to forget you and accept that you were just a moment, you suddenly appeared and tried to shake my world again. I gave it one more chance, I thought maybe this time you will let me understand you, even just as a friend. But still it was like the same as before and I cannot afford to endure any more confusion from trying to decipher your mystery. Maybe to you I was just part of your memory of Asia, a souvenir of your round the world adventure, to keep a link of your past. But I cannot let you do that, for I am also a present and a future, my friendship knows no distance nor time.

I wish I could actually say this to you but as like before, I will just end this in silence although with some littlest hope that maybe you will break the silence when you are ready to open up.



Dear fate,

Stop playing tricks on me! Pikon na ko eh.


3 comments:

i said...

Butterflies in the stomach can sometimes make a person poetic just like what you did on this post =)

Anonymous said...

ahem. teka parang di mo ako naupdate sa part na "and you shake my world again" hehehhe KWENTO! :p
~jowe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.