Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lovin' the library even more

Today I went to the Central Public library with the little one to check out the children's library called 'My Tree House'. It is apparently the world's first 'green library' for kids, as it was designed and made environmental friendly, plus, it houses children's books which focuses on green themes. 

From the awesome entrance, you'd think we were going to an amusement park or playground. I really love the enchanted forest theme.




 Inside the library, at the middle, is a tree house structure made of recycled materials, the leaves are from recycled plastic water bottles. 



Then they have little chairs and tables.  The whole floor is carpeted so you can comfortably sit anywhere to read books. It is really great for kids, so great that it can become a playground indeed. I just don't know how much 'playing' can be tolerated there. There were just a few people today, I suppose because it's a weekday, so it was quiet. My little bunny of course ran around, tried to climb everything and made little shrieks of happiness but no worries, she was not noisy.

I also finally got her a library card. I just recently learned that children below 7 years old can actually get one and for Singaporeans and permanent residents, it is for free. Hooray! :)

On a side note, writing down this blog entry made me re-read the one I wrote about the first time I went here. That was almost 7 years ago. Back then, I had so much time to read books. Now, well, besides children's books, I can only read magazines and short, non-novel books. Wow, my life has really changed a lot since then! But then again, I look at my daughter and how she loves books and the library and I tell myself, that is definitely from Mummy's genes ;)

No comments: