Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mummyfied heart

A couple of hours ago I started reading about the story of a Polish orphaned girl who was searching for her long lost relatives in Singapore for 25 years. Her parents (Polish father and Singaporean mother) were murdered when she was only a toddler in 1990. As soon as the article started to talk about how the neighbours found her at their home in New Jersey after one week of being alone with her dead parents, at 17 months she survived for a week by eating cheerios and drinking water from the toilet bowl...oh my God, I just had to stop reading it, I couldn't take it anymore! It's the same feeling like when I started watching movies where the baby/child was forcedly taken away from their mother. I could not continue watching anymore and my poor hubby has to endure this now because he has to be prepared of my sudden mood change during our movie nights (thankfully this has happened so far only at home while watching movies online, if we were in a cinema I would have walked out). Same thing about this documentary that was recently circulating online about an orphan boy who was taking care of his sick grandmother by himself, I could not even dare start viewing that video. Let's not even start talking about child abuse and molestations, arrrghhh!

I wasn't like this before, I used to be tougher.

But eversince I became a mother, I have found it very difficult now to watch/read/hear about children going through hardships. My heart cannot take the intensity of the thought that an innocent child can be into these dark circumstances they do not deserve. They are just children and they should have their beautiful childhood.

I wish I have magic powers that can protect all children. 

No comments: