Thursday, March 30, 2006

Love in Animation

Oh my God, I'm in love!!!

I fell in love with him from the very start I met him and I fell in love with him more when I got to know him better. I had a boyfriend then, it was actually my boyfriend who introduced him to me, but my boyfriend then didn't know I fell in love with this man.
But I stopped seeing him when my life started to get busy with figuring out how to pass my major subjects in College, then I started to work after college, then my boyfriend and I broke up, I focused on my career, I had another boyfriend who turned out to be a major ego and heart breaker and then left my home country last year to focus on career again. I never thought that seeing him again would bring back the feelings I had for him like the time I was so in love with him.

I am so thankful that after one tiring day last week, as I sat there flicking on the TV remote, I saw his familiar face...

Meet the man of my dreams...the emperor Hotohori




Isn't he gorgeous? Gosh, I was just influenced by my boyfriend then to watch these Animes and I particularly got hooked in watching
Fushigi Yuugi (translated in English as Curious Play).
I think it was school vacation on my college junior year that I started watching it so when school resumed I remember it was showing at around 7:30am each weekday and I could not watch at that time since I had to be on my way at this time to school to get to my 8:30am class so I asked our maid to record the episodes in VHS tape!

hahaha, yeah, I was that addicted. I envy the lead character there, her name was Miyaka, who was a student who together with her bestfriend, was absorbed and trapped in a book they found in the school library. So when they got inside the book they became part of a story and met all the characters where so much love triangle stories revolved unto. I was so much wishing then that I could be the one absorbed by the book and meet Hotohori so he wouldn't get heartbroken for having lost Miyaka to Tamahome, he could have me all for himself, hahaha.

So if I were in anime' , I wonder how I would look like? Which reminded me that my schoolmate in highschool, Abel, gave this as a birthday gift to me 10 years ago...





That's me in anime' form wearing my highschool uniform, hehehe. So cool eh? =P

How do I look? =)

I was really touched about that gift and I was indeed a fan of his drawings that aside from that drawing I asked a number more of drawings from him and up to now I still have them with me. And it's amazing that after 10 years when I had a chat with Abel on Yahoo Messenger just this week I was at last been able to know what the Japanese character beside my portrait meant. I thought it was my name but he said what was written there meant "Michiko Aino", a character inspired by me from a story he was writing then. Gosh, I was so flattered to learn that he made me a character in one of his stories, I am so honored. He was actually surprised I've kept this drawing all these years. But why wouldn't I? It's one of the best gifts to me that I will cherish forever (thank you so much, Abel ! ). ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at least you don't add up to my rivals (Jerry Yan fans). LOL!

*btw, that's a nice drawing of yah! ;)