Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Price for thinking I was Supergirl

After two months of flying around the globe, bouncing from Singapore to Paris back to Singapore then to California and back to Singapore, I think my antibodies got fed up and have finally revolted. Perhaps my bodyclock got too distorted with all the time changes, perhaps I lack sleep. One thing is certain, I am no supergirl =(

I didn't see it coming though, as after arriving in Singapore at almost 1am last Monday from California, I didn't have a problem going to work a few hours after. Except that my lips were chapping (no thanks to the added security enforced in all flights to and from United States that prohibited lip gloss/balm or anything gel like to be in a carry-on bag). However, on Tuesday night I started to get down with the flu. I felt my eyes and breath were very warm and my head was so heavy. By Wednesday I was sick enough not to be able to work. On Thursday, I got better and was able to go to work but whola! I lost my voice. It was like when you have shouted a lot in a concert and the following day you have no voice. But in my case my voice faded because of my cough and colds, I sounded terrible, people had a hard time recognizing me when I talk to them on the phone. It was actually hard to talk in the first place. By Friday, I still had cough and colds and my voice is still fading so I decided that it would be best to have complete rest to fully recover. So I called up my lead catechist to tell her I will not be able to help in the Youth camp over the weekend then I called up one ofmy best girlfriends to cancel our shopping-dinner date that night.Today, I accompanied my li'l sister to the clinic, she's also down with the flu and it seems I got her infected with my virus. =(

Now we're both quarantined in our condo, trying our best to get well. Hopefully, tomorrow we'll both be fully well.

6 comments:

Richard said...

Rest well. It is all too easy to take our health for granted when we are well.

Personally, I would suspect that you got the cold from some passenger in the plane. After all, it is a very confined space with lots of recycled are.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Thanks, Richard.
Yup, it is highly probable that I or my sister might have gotten it in the plane since we both came from different travels...the good news is that I am well now, the rest I got over the weekend worked, however, for my sister, she is still having fever and her medicine seem to work for the short term so I am getting a bit worried. =(

Anonymous said...

My reply may be late but always remember to sleep as much as you can if time permits and always drink lots of fluids. I know, motherlike of me, but hey I'd like to take care of my friends as much as I do for my own children. =)

Hope you're doing much better now. ;)

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Never too late to hear a warm greeting from a friend. :)
I'm feeling better now indeed.Thanks cosmochick! :)

Kay said...

Hi ya Foyan

Poor u, hope not too late for a get well wish.

Drink lots of water, dont want u to get dehydrated and rest well.

Hugs and kisses to u my fren!!

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Sassy! It's been a while, I missed yah! :)
Thanks for your get well wish, I have fully recovered as well as my sister so we're good. ;)
Take care!