Saturday, September 02, 2006

Temporary Tennis Timeout



I have fully recovered from the flu (as well as my li'l sister, thank God!) and just in time as my tennis instructor asked if I was back in Singapore. So tonight I resumed my tennis lessons and two months of no tennis, here's my status check:


My swing? Gone.

My grip? Gone.

My form? Gone.

My footwork? Gone.

My desire to bring them back?
All there. And that is all that matters.


I think in life this really happens, sometimes we lose the ability to do something after not practicing for a time, and it's just not physical activities, but even mental, emotional and spiritual abilities (and yes, we may even forget how to love). However, I also believe that abstinence or lack of practice will not make you totally forget, as once you learn it by heart, it will not be forgotten but may just be put in your "storage". Sometimes, it may not even be our choice to abstain from doing what we used to do by heart, as it may be inevitable on certain circumstances. But the important thing is, as long as you are determined to re-learn an ability, you will definitely gain it back (and yes, I do believe we can remember how to love again).

5 comments:

Richard said...

I am sure you will soon be back in form.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Thanks Richard! :)

Anonymous said...

foyan!

it's great to hear from you. im glad you have recovered from flu. had mine weeks back.

music helps me overcome stress. it takes me to an entirely different world.

i actually have a longer list but i left most of the other CDs and tapes and records in manila. you can imagine what i brought to canberra in 2004. and now i have to bring them back next year.

hope everything is ok back there in singapore. drop by borders and kinukuniya for me when you have time.

w.

Prince Romp said...

Correct Kajan.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

hi sir W! its great to be back in Singapore. I can go back to being a regular in borders bookstore (I prefer it over kinukuniya) and just wish I live there. =P

hey prince romp, pare, you sound like a native Pinoy. ayos! ;o)