Sunday, December 31, 2006

Like Water for Coke

My new year's resolution for this year is... to drink more water.

Quite simple right? But I think this is something important that I have been not giving much attention.

As you may know, aside from coffee, the Coffee fairy also loves Coke Light (equivalent to Diet Coke in United States and Europe). I've been trying to avoid it but the flesh is weak :P. Imagine how hard it is to resist the Coke Light temptation everyday at work where we have a refrigerator full of it. But yes, I do get to resist the temptation sometimes so there are days when I do skip my one can daily dosage :) . The idea that it has zero calories gives me this psychological assurance that it is not unhealthy but yeah, of course that is just what we call conditioning of the mind because we know that too much caffeine is not good. When I was in California last August though I discovered this Coca-Cola product: Caffeine free Diet Coke!!! It was the perfect solution to my caffeine intake concerns but too bad it is not available in Singapore (yes, I tried loking for it in the imported products grocery but didn't find it.)

Anyway, going back to my new year's resolution: I am going to drink more water because water is essential in maintaining a good health. We've heard this a lot of times I'm sure, from our moms, our doctors, health advertisements, everywhere but we tend not to take it seriously, do we?

So I do hope that this year I'd be less stubborn about it. A simple thing like this indeed may seem easy to fulfill but never underestimate the power of non-water seductions. :P


Cheers to year 2007! Happy New year to everyone!

2 comments:

Richard said...

I have no taste for Coke or Pepsi (although, I am partial to root beer).

I have never been much of a soft drink drinker.

At work I drink a lot of water. Actually, only water.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

I wish I could drink just water too but I can't help it, my lunch seems incomplete without my coke. :(