Monday, March 26, 2007

15 hours of zzz and 300 oohlalas

The weekend that has passed was....hmm...I can't find the words to describe it...

Perhaps I have been so deprived from a cool and comfy sleep for the last week because of my defective aircon that last Saturday after it was temporarily fixed by the aircon contractor (they just topped up gas again but they said it will eventually stop cooling again since apparently the gas is leaking and the pipes need to be replaced), that at around 6pm I felt my eyes were so heavy and I fell asleep on my bed. I woke up at 9am the following morning and that makes a 15 hour record breaking sleep! And too much sleep is not good, especially when life has been getting stressful, as it starts unthinkable thoughts to play in your mind, thoughts like becoming a 40 year old virgin, quitting your job and becoming a bum, or disappear from the mainstream and live as a hermit.

But good thing that before getting eaten by the sadness monster, I was able to push myself to do my Sunday routine -- go to the gym and then go to mass. Sunday night was supposed to be also my tennis night but my teacher was not available so tennis was cancelled. That left me with a lot of time for the evening so I decided I'd go watch a movie. There have been a lot of good movies lately and most of my friends have watched at least one of them, so I thought I should at least try to watch one. I decided to watch the movie 300 at the mall a few blocks away from our condo. Alone and armed with popcorn and cola, I sat there and watched in awe at 300 oh so wow abs and legs of men. The movie was great, not because of the sexy men (well ok, fine, it counts as well) but the movie in general, good cinematography, graphics, and storyline. Plus, I have to give credit to the abs and bodies really, because contrary to what most think that those abs and sexy bodies were part of the movie special effects, those are actually the actors' real 6-pack abdomen and muscular torso and legs. I've watched the interview in TV of the lead actor and they really worked out for months to prepare for that movie.

Anyways, I'm just glad that I made a good decision to watch a movie, even by myself. It was the first time I watched a movie in a cinema by myself here in Singapore. Well actually, it's just my second time to watch a movie by myself in a cinema, my first time was waaay back in highschool and I needed to kill a couple of hours to wait for my studio pictures to get developed (I know, I know, that was so pathetic, hehe). It's a good quality time for myself, to just relax and forget about the hussle bussle of the real world. Yup, I think I'd do this again, moreso, more often. ;)

~0~


Photocredit: Image from warner bros shop official site

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't see anything wrong watching a movie on your own my dear :). ehhehe
i do that as well! :) and it's not pathetic. it's just being comfortable with yourself. :)
ya go girl!
~jowe

omaritosan said...

Just ask the owner to replace your AC

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

missy! yup, it's nice to watch a movie by yourself, as long as it's safe and in Singapore it's fine but in Pinas it was a risky thing to do.
i meant the studio picture thingy as the pathetic one, hihi. :)

Omar, I've asked the agent to inform the owner. ;)

aoi soba said...

yeh i do that too! 85% of the time :) kasi wala gusto sumama sa akin manuod ng horror flick nyeheheheheh

Anonymous said...

yan ba yung sa lot 1? haha! alam ko yan. dyan ko binuhos ang isang taon ng buhay ko.alam ko bawat corner nyan. alam ko na rin schedule ng seiyu sales.

minsan yayain ka nga namin ni wena manood. nung last last saturday, nanood kami ng 12 midnight unplanned. 300 din. nilagnat ako so oh so sexy guys. hahaha!

mwah!!! hope to hang around with you more in the future foyssss!

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

joy! yup sa Lot1, first time ko manuod dun.
sige gimmick tayo minsan. im just a text away ;o)