Friday, March 23, 2007

F for 4th Friday, frustration, fondue and friends

It's the fourth friday of the month and it means that it's been four weeks that I have been getting frustated at work. The everyday waking up to go to work starts to get to be a heavy thing to do. The weather is becoming hotter everyday and what perfect timing could be for the aircon in my bedroom to stop cooling again and needs to be repaired. Something inside me would like to scream and run amok. I'm just so stressed out.
Omar said he observed my self esteem is low lately...then later on in the afternoon he invited me to meet him and buddy Wit for dinner and drinks at DXO. Unexpectedly though, he got a little held at work so Wit and I started dinner without him at a Japanese restaurant, Haru at One Fullerton. Had he made it in time when the ika sashimi was served, I'm sure he would've taken a picture of it's presentation and would be featured in his foodblog. But nevertheless,
here's the fondue we ate at Max Brenner in Esplanade mall, after we had that Japanese dinner. We were so full with all the food. But wait there's more, we went to DXO bar for some drinks and what do you know, it was ladies night so I got in for free plus free flowing drinks! The band playing was a Filipino band and they were good. There were not much people though, perhaps because it was just 10:30pm and it was early for a clubbing night. I was looking forward to the free flowing drink for the ladies so that atleast I could get a little tipsy but after I had 2 glasses, I concluded it would take me atleast 10 glasses of those drinks before I could attain my goal. You see, my first glass was a shot of vodka and lime juice, diluted in gallons of water (sorry, im exaggerating) and the second glass was a shot of vodka and ribena soda, diluted in liters of water (ok, im still exaggerating). So, I took the liberty to snatch Omar's half full glass of tequila plus sprite drink from the "real bar" and tadah, it served its purpose. ;-)
We went home after staying half an hour at DXO. It was a fun night, simple but I really enjoyed it because of my dear, dear friend who's never been at DXO before and I think, just wanted to lift my spirits up because he knew that I've been wanting to go to DXO because I told him before that I hear the band playing really good whenever I eat at Makansutra (the food centre beside DXO). How can you not help but be cheered up by having such a thoughtful friend?
Thanks Omar, that was really sweet (na-touch ako ha). :)

2 comments:

Cavalock said...

that really sounds like fun! take it easy!

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

thanks Cavalock! ok, i'll try to take it easy, heehee :)