Sunday, March 11, 2007

March is fastly marching by

After that fabulous NZ experience, I am back to the real world, back to my routine, back to facing the sad monitor of my computer at work. I do expect that March would be quite a challenge for me because of work -- I have a 1,001 tasks that I need to accomplish and I would be doing it alone. And there are no travels for me this month, so I will not be going anywhere outside the 4 corners of this island of shopping centres and malls.

The first 11 days of this month seemed like it have zoomed fast though and I don't know if I'd be happy because this dreaded month will be almost over or if I'd be scared because quarter end is always is a critical period at work for me and I have to be prepared to face it alone.

Let's see what this month given has me so far:

the hoorays:
  • After three weeks of not being able to go to church and hear mass because of my travels, I have finally spent quality time with Him again these past two Sundays. It was a heartwarming, teary-eyed reunion.
  • I have accomplished a big initiative I have been leading at work: finally, our database is 3 bundles upgraded and less bugged, this would be my first bundle application in my almost 5 years in the InfoTech world. Ahhh, my baby, my bundle of joy! ahehehe.
  • Had a fun time when we celebrated Aoisoba's sweet 16 + 12 birthday with literally a round of different handcrafted beers of Brewerkz in our table (really enjoyed that, chilis!)
  • Was able to recharge a little and finally able to do some writing after spending some quality alone time at my spot, my sanctuary (besides church) yesterday.

the boos:

  • My second semester of French class has started and I have not been studying diligently, unlike the previous
    semester where I would do extra reading.
  • On our Chinese new year dinner at the first day of this month, I was chatting with my colleagues that I shared the dinner table with, and this French guy colleague called me a pervert after I told them I lined up for almost an hour in Disneyland Paris just to have a picture with Mickey Mouse. I am considering his limited English for having used that adjective. But then he also crashed the tiny hope left in my heart when he asked me the qualities I am looking for in a man and when I told him a man who is loyal, hardworking and who loves life, he said I must be looking for a priest (reminded me of Mon Homme Idéal), otherwise the man is inexistent. Ouch!
  • The two consecutive strong tremors from the two earthquakes in Indonesia last March 6th left me so nauseated at work that I had to put on some scented balm to keep me in my senses. Our office is on the 26th floor and I don't know why it seemed like it was only me and the second big boss who felt the tremors and reacted upon realizing those were tremors and not just a sumo wrestler running around in the office.
  • I have been so stressed at work for pushing myself to be supergirl that last Friday I just realized that I have been coding directly in our Production database (and yes I have clicked the save button already!). If you are in the programming world, this would be like one of the greatest mortal sins you could ever commit. I felt like my blood was drained from head to toe when I saw the database name I was working on.
  • I got okrayed* twice by pseudo BF Omar when we met for dinner one after-office night: 1) He said I looked like I was wearing pambahay** clothes (I was wearing slacks and blouse) and 2) He was greatly disturbed upon hearing me speak in Singlish in talking to the taxi driver that he had to send me an sms that night and called me at work the following morning to remind me to take care of my English.
  • I cancelled my tennis tonight because I ate a lot of different food which led to an attempted stomach revolution and a successful lazybug infection.


OK, now let's see the score: 6 is to 4, in favor of the boos! oh noooooooooooo..

-----------

*Okrayed - a term in Tagalog slang for giving negative criticism

**Pambahay - a Tagalog adjective pertaining for the house

4 comments:

Ays said...

i felt for you, about coding directly sa Prod. masaya rin if you bring a prod server down..wahaha.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

naku, pag idown ang prod server lagot na talaga :) actually nag-restart ako ng Prod appserver nung Monday pero hindi ko chineck muna kung merong naka-log in or may nagpa-process. Shhhhhh. hehehe.

omaritosan said...

what is psedo BF?

sorry i easily get annoyed of singlish, as much as possible i avoid hearing so as not to get the accent because its bad, really bad specially when facing clients =)

peace out!

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

it means what it is, hehehe.
ok lah, dont worry lah, i will take care of my English lah. :P