Monday, March 12, 2007

Tell me this is not how journalism is here

I read in the newspaper today about a restaurant supervisor being stabbed by one of his kitchen staff and he died right there in the restaurant. The article wrote how the family and colleagues of the victim were surprised that the victim could be in a heated argument with the staff that would lead to a violent act as the victim was a diplomatic person. At the end of the article, it writes:

"The restaurant is closed today in respect to Mr..., according to Mrs.., the restaurant manager."

Then right after that the next paragraph reads:

"The restaurant has other branches located in...."

Now I don't know if it's because I didn't have enough sleep last night, or that I am stressed out at work that I am easily irritated but I am in quite a disbelief at how this article was written. I mean, can somebody tell me what is the significance of that second paragraph!?! Is it just me or is it really that insensitive to do indirect advertising?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's all business here dear... nothing personal. money is the norm here... unlike where we came from.

Anonymous said...

probably because the Mr.... only owns that brach and they don't want to affect the business of the other branch owner?

Anonymous said...

i feel remorse for the journalist who wrote that.
i understand it's business as usual, but there's a different approach i would think?

-j

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

heya all! thanks for sharing your thoughts.
im just going to think the indirect advertising was unintentional...i do hope that the author realizes how important the paragraph structuring could be in conveying messages...