Sunday, July 15, 2007

Catching up in Sentosa

It was a nice Sunday, the sun was up. So, together with my beach mat in my bag, I took the bus from outside our condo which goes straight to Harbourfront where I went to Vivo city mall to meet Apo, Mariz and Gab. We were going to Sentosa for a picnic. I was very excited about having a picnic, it has been a while since I last went to Sentosa and I heard many things has changed over the months. Sentosa is a little island resort of Singapore just meters away from the city.

I was awed as I went inside Vivo city mall. It was very different than the last time I went there around 9 months ago (and I couldn't believe that was also the last time I was in Sentosa!). Back then it was still quite newly opened, there was still only a few stores open. But now it is in full blast, it was nice and cozy so it isn't a wonder for me now why it is now a very popular place to hang out. At the 3rd level, there's a monorail station going to Sentosa. This was one of the new things in Sentosa. Ticket to Sentosa is also now S$3, as I remember it used to be less than that before (I'm not sure if I remembered correctly though). Anyway, the ticket, besides the day pass to sentosa, allows you to have a day's use of the monorail and the buses in Sentosa.

Another very significant change in Sentosa was the construction going on at the area where the Ferry terminal used to be, where there was this nice garden and where the musical fountain used to be. Hopefully though, this area would be more beautiful than before, since from what I heard, this area will be where the Universal studios would be. So we'll see in a year or two...

We went to Siloso beach where Sherry and her mom, Ramil and his mom and sister were waiting for us. It was so nice to see my friends again whom I have not seen for a while. We enjoyed a sumptous lunch of Filipino food.


adobo, laing, steamed okra, fried tilapia (under the aluminum foil :) and rice

and of course, the usual star of an OFW meal, the Purefoods hotdog courtesy of Mariz. ;-)

The laing was specially made by Sherry, she used fish instead of meat, but it was really very delicious. I also had a feast on my favorite fried tilapia. We were really so full, and we wiped out almost everything in half an hour.

After lunch and some minutes of catching our breaths (hehehe), Sherry, Ramil and their family headed out in touring around Sentosa while me, Apo, Mariz and Gab went to have some coffee and eventually some muffins and blueberry cheesecake :) at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf ("Gab's spot" in Sentosa) where we ended up staying for 3 hours before finally calling it a day.

It was nice to rediscover Sentosa again but actually, what was nicer was... catching up with good friends.

the Merlion

4 comments:

Cavalock said...

i think most locals don't really care much bout Sentosa, cept maybe the younger ones who go for the beach parties. lol

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

sentosa can be fun if you don't go there too often, otherwise, it's charm can fade ;-)

aoi soba said...

sarap naman nung hotdog!! sige kita kita tayo sa tasting ha!

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

aoisoba! hala, walang hotdog sa Ireland!! :P