Saturday, July 21, 2007

The White Bag

I looked at it for one more time before putting it back in the plastic bag. I was still trying to convince myself that I needed to let it go, perhaps it wasn't really for me. But I thought it was! For months I've been looking for that perfect white bag and when I saw this one in a store, I fell in love with it but I didn't even buy it instantly, I thought I'd give it a test of time, that if it was meant for me it would still be there when I decide to buy it. Yes, it withstood the months, I never found anything better than it, so last week I finally decided to buy it. Call me crazy but really, I've never been so ecstatic about a bag, that whenever I look at it I just had this warm, fuzzy feeling in my heart that made me sigh and smile and admire my bag. There was even this one time in office last week that when I pulled up the drawer of my bin and I saw my white bag, I was surprised and I grinned when I remembered that I already owned that bag.

Off I went to the store, I told the salesgirl that I am returning the bag I bought last week because it was chapping at the sides. The salesgirl said it could be because it rubbed on my pants when I sling my bag. I wish she was right, I've been trying to tell that to myself too but logic will only tell you that it was not, because the chapping part were on the sides of the bag and these do not come in contact with any friction. Besides, I've only used the bag twice and it was not even a week old. I've had it figured out that it was the material of the bag and the humid weather outdoors. I remember it was the same thing that happened with an organizer given to me as a gift, it was from the USA, and obviously not compatible with the tropical weather in the Philippines. It took me sometime to convince myself that it could be the same case with my bag, since it was from a local store here and they must have considered that during manufacture, shouldn't they?

The salesgirl asked if I wanted to choose another bag or if I wanted another stock as a replacement. My heart skipped a little at the thought of getting another stock of the same white bag, I was sooo tempted, but I restrained myself and even if my heart was broken, I had to endure it because I knew the chances that I would have the same problem with the new stock was very high. So with a heavy sigh, I politely said "No, thank you, I would just have a refund." They gave me back a full refund without no qualms, the bag had a 30 day guarantee.

And so I am back to square one again, in search of that white bag for me. Sometimes I wonder if I'd rather have not found that bag at all, than to indeed find it but only to realize that it was just like borrowed for a very short span of time but was just long enough to break your heart.

5 comments:

iamKayan said...

Ako rin, in search for a big white or red office bag!
Ang hirap makahanap ng THE ONE, ahem... bag ito, bag. :)

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

trulili! so hard to find the right man, ehem, bag I mean. =P

Anonymous said...

nagchachap kasi ilang months na sa display...lol!

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

dear ate charing, itago mo na lang ako sa pangalang anonymous...hahaha, may point ka dyan anonymous, ngunit subalit datapwa't bago yung stock na binili ko at hindi yung display e. :P

Richard said...

Sadly, having is not always the same as wanting.