Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wishin Everyday is Harris Book Sale

Have you ever walked in to a place that made you smile from ear to ear?
It happened to me tonight.

Eypooh sent us this email ad about a book sale at Suntec City. So off I went there after office. But first we had some yummy Japanese food for dinner at the Food Republic in Suntec city, which, by the way, I love the new layout and design. Talk about designing a food court like a library, how cool is that? ;) I think it was a sign that something even better was about to happen...

Please excuse my crappy pics from my 2MP phone camera, better than nothing, right? :)

True enough, when we went inside the Harris book sale, I felt like I was in heaven. It was something I did not expect really because I thought they would just have books that were not so quality, you know, the usual surplus, unpopular books. But no, it was like walking into a bookstore with popular books in half the price! It was crazy! There were all the Paulo Coehlo books, Judith McNaught books, Nicholas Sparks, Nora Roberts, Agatha Christie, etc, etc.

But of course I had to restrain myself from the impulse of hoarding everything I could. I had to remind myself that I live on a limited budget (especially these days when I am foreseeing a budget deficit in the next couple of months). So after much contemplation and convincing of myself that it was not yet the end of the world if I could not buy all the books I wanted there, I managed to finally select the four books that fit my $30 budget.

I wish all book sale are like Harris book sale. I could live there, hehe.

2 comments:

Richard said...

I know that feeling well. Yesterday I had to resist the impulse to buy armfuls of books at 40% off (30% + 10% for members) because I already have lots of books to get through.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

yes! its too tempting! :)