Saturday, July 28, 2007

Jazz by the beach

From my rediscovey of Sentosa two weeks ago, I learned about this Jazz by the beach event there. It's a series of concerts by different bands for each Saturday of July. So I made a mental note to drag my friends there for the last week it was playing.

So Saturday arrived, but from morning til afternoon it was very cloudy. The weather was so conducive to hibernating in the comfort of your warm bed blankets so I would really understand if the chilis would prefer to do so than go risk being soaked if ever the rain pours when we get to Sentosa. But I was going there anyhow, if it rained, my plan was to do some reading in one cafe' in Vivo City.

However, the weather had been cooperative and we had a 100% attendance, except for Aoisoba who was still back in our homeland enjoying all the Pinoy time she could have before becoming a princess of a leprechaun, I mean, an Irish policeman, by August. It was also a nice surprise that Omaritosan, whom I have not seen since he got back from his escapade in Portugal almost two months ago, was able to join us.

The event was held at the cool deck in Siloso beach. It started at 6pm but we arrived at around 7 and the sun was still up and was just beginning to set. The band playing was Singapore Airlines' jazz band. Their repertoi and performance were ok, although it wasn't the jazz music I was expecting to hear. Anyway, I am not complaining, it was a free concert and I did like the ambiance. I liked that there were beach mats and tables although it seemed like nobody wanted to sit in this style and most took the usual chairs and tables (including us).

We started out with one beer for each one of us..guess which beer was mine ;-)

Ooops, what's this little odd drink doing here? =P (yep, I had to still have my Coke light dosage, I did the same thing yesterday when Ays and I went for a drink in a bar after office hours and I had a glass of vodka tonic and later on a Coke of course =P)

Then we had some finger foods, some lip pouting lessons, more food in Vivo city on the way back, and lots and lots of laughter.

It was another fun, fun night. Must be because the moon was full. ;-)

2 comments:

omaritosan said...

yeah jazz..... relaxing.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

yep yep yep. This September sa Chjimes naman ;)