Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da

They say that for every hurtful experience there is a lesson to be learned.
So what have I learned this time?




If it is too good to be true, it is not true!




HAHAHAHAHAHA. :P

Gosh, if learning from being brokenhearted was an academic course, perhaps by now I have a Master's degree on it. But oh please, I hope I don't have to earn a PhD on it in the future! Oh no, no, no!

Kidding aside though, there is indeed something good that comes up from each of the downs we have in life. We discover something new about ourselves, our weaknesses, and our capabilities as well. Then we grow more as a person, we become stronger as we find a way to face it. That is, if we do treat each challenge as a learning experience instead of something to pull us to our complete downfall.

I know I don't need to go on analyzing what happened, wondering what went wrong or who did wrong, or speculate or even blame fate. But it is normal I think to be on this phase of trying to figure out why it turned out like that, or think that maybe I am just destined to be jinxed. I think it is but normal to be scared and to feel weak. I have been through this before, only this time, I could not just believe that I would feel so very weak that I felt like I couldn't stand up anymore. However, my Dad made a very good point: it is not that I am weak, I was just hit very hard.
Yup, combo hard.
Like when you thought that everything has fallen into place and your crossroads are finally over, in an instant you find yourself back to square zero, but now with even a bonus blackeye.

My Papa and Mama said it was not like me at all to be weak. My family and friends perhaps have never seen this side of me until now. I have always been seen as the strong, independent one. I'm sure they were surprised to get to know this side I have, my side that is capable of raising the white flag, this part of me that is like a fragile little puppy asking to be consoled...
But then again, my Papa also made a good point: I am just a normal human being who gets tired.
Yup, like everyone else, I need to feel inspired and be loved to keep on going with life.

However, now I realize, that after all the heartaches, the heartbreaks from my quest to find true love, I did not really have to look far: I did find true love, I found true love from my family and friends. And this will be the best inspiration I have. I am not letting myself clam up and ruin the best relationship I have in my life. I am fine where I am right now, I don't need to run away. I've come a long way and now I am quite sure that I do not belong in a fishbowl, for I belong to the ocean, where I don't have to feel lost amidst its vastness, because I know that wherever I am, my family and friends are always with me, here in my heart.


I am so blessed for belonging to a wonderful set of family and friends. Thank you, God, for making me have them in my life.

4 comments:

dayOHbee said...

true. we're lucky to have family and friends that can hold our hands and see us through the end no matter what.

ika nga ni john lloyd, solid!!! haha!

hang in there, foy! *hugs!

aoi soba said...

sabi nga ni aoisoba 'YEHBA! hahahahahaha

tama ka lola, sige at ituloy ang paghahasik ng lagim :D

iamKayan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iamKayan said...

Amen. =')