Thursday, November 20, 2008

This is creepy

Before going to sleep last night, I read the first few pages of Veronica Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho (I've read this book before).

And last night I dreamt that I was bitten by a snake, which was like a cross breed of a cobra because of its head, and a rattlesnake for its tail. The bite didn't hurt, as only one fang bit my right leg, and the snake almost missed my leg when it attacked.

It took some time before a doctor arrived, but it was like nobody panicked. Then when the doctor finally arrived my right leg started to turn brown and it went up to my right arm, my shoulder and I started to panic. But the doctor told me to calm down and relax and lay down on my back, and like assuring me that everything will be alright. But actually what it really meant was that he knew I was dying as the browning of my body continued to my left side until my whole body was brown and the sound of the voices of doctor and the people around me talking became like a sound like I was inside a box but I could see them, and when I tried to get up, I saw my body laying there, dead. So I became a spirit which separated from my body.

I could not believe it, I didn't want to accept that I was dead, I started to panic but as always I thought that it was just a bad dream and that I would wake up. Thankfully I did wake up and found out it was just a dream. And I don't know why I even wanted to write this down, because it is a very creepy dream! But well maybe it had some deeper meaning? Hmm...oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dunno if this will help but i got this in www.dreammoods.com:

Snake

To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

btw, my late cousin also dreamt of a snake that bit her. at the time, my grandmother just suggested we bet on jueteng (apparently snake has an equivalent number significant to gamblers) and true enough that number turned up and all of us who placed our bets won! hehe... so maybe place a bet on the lotto? lol.

sometimes freaky dreams are just manifestations of our innermost feelings -- those that we suppress or are not aware of. they are highly unlikely to come true although some do come true but most of the time dreams are just symbols. but just the same, i feel you. i also wake up from freaky dreams sometimes it totally bothers me for a whole day, sometimes a week or more.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

thanks for this Mhe! I don't really like snakes so it was really a nightmare for me :(