Sunday, September 24, 2006

My first Singapore haircut

For a year that I've been here in Singapore, I've never had my hair done here because it is waaaaay more expensive here. I always waited to go home to Philippines since I go home usually every 3 months.
But this time I couldn't wait anymore, I had to have a haircut. My little sister can attest to that, she knows I really needed to have my hair fixed as she's seen it in it's most terrifying state.
And also I have been down lately, and I wanted something changed, improved, and usually my hair gets to do this challenging task of making me feel better. :P
Anyway, my hair is almost down to my waist line, and it has gone dead dry since it has been more than six months since I last went for a haircut.
So I went to a recommended hairsalon here and sat at the "judgement chair". For me, going for a haircut was always a risk, because you never know if the hairstylist will not murder your hair (like their definition of trim is cut 6 inches off your hair), unless you have a tried and tested hairstylist. So the first time with a new hairstylist is always a risk. Plus, I was going to spend hundreds of dollars! But good thing the hairstylist was really kind and she was very good and I felt she was just being concerned when she asked me if I comb my hair (see how terrible my hair was? hahaha). So after almost 4 hours and 350 singapore dollars, I went out of the salon with a satisfied smile. I am glad I took the risk because my hair deserves to be happy.

7 comments:

Prince Romp said...

$350...? u got to be kidding.
Cut, wash and colour? i can give u a good price at less than $180 from a professional hairstylist.

Next time...ask me first.
take care mare.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

pare!!! you're alive!!! hehehe. :)
i didn't know you were a professional hairstylist..heehee, just kidding.
i think 350 is ok since it was haircut + color + soft straight + hair treatment, if haircut and color only, it also would've cost me around 180 as well in the salon I went to.

Anonymous said...

whoa! that could've been rebond na in Manila! pero sige i know you really can't wait anymore. *tee hee*

inggit ako sayo, buti ka pa napagupitan mo na at styled pa! ako rin more than a year na ata wala cut. *gulp*

danda danda hair mo 'day! :D

Anonymous said...

btw, yan bang soft straight/hair treatment eh same ng rebond satin? sorry, inosente ako sa hair styling hehe!

Richard said...

Ack! Another blog were my comment was not saved.

I agree with prince that $350 sound slike a lot of money. Of course, Sofia spends much more on a hair cut / treatment / whatever than I do (I complain when it is more than $20). The funny thing is that I don't notice what she has done. It is easy to motice when I get a hair cut, because I only get 3 or 4 a year, so I go from a big mop of curly hair to significantly shorter hair.

I love long hair, it is always the first thing that will catch my eye.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

waaaah!!! yup it was expensive, I feel so vain! huhuhu :(

cosmochick, thanks! Soft straignt I think is like hair relax satin, hindi rin ako sure. Sabi nila pareho lang daw yung straight at rebond, depende lang sa amount ng gamot. Pampa-boost ng self esteem ang pabeauty ng hair kaya tara pa-salon ka na rin! :) By the way, there's something I want to give you asap(something about vanity pa rin, hehe):P

Richard, is that 20 US dollars or Canadian dollars? That's really quite affordable. I think curly hair is something that not everyone who has can really carry well and hey you're one of the few who could. ;o) oh, and just a tip about women: you SHOULD have to notice a woman's new hair, it would surprise you how the smallest compliment about it can actually make a woman feel so beautiful. ;o)

Richard said...

That was $20 Canadian. Sofia spends more.