Monday, September 18, 2006

Two new books!

I love books and to be given a book as a gift is a great joy to me. It shows how much a person knows me. But the more interesting thing is the choice of book, that will truly indicate how fond that person is of me.

I got two new books last week. They are from two very important people in my life and I am deeply touched because their gifts show that they know me very well.




My new book #1
Common Phrases And Where They Come From
by Myron Korach in collaboration with John Mordock
First Lyons Press paperback edition, 2002


This was given to me by my Tito* Michael. On my way out from office last Tuesday night, our office secretary called me to hand me a package. Tito Michael sent me this book all the way from Riverside, California. What a treat!
He is really so thoughtful. He has seen my fascination with the idioms I heard him say during my vacation in their home last month. It's really interesting because the idioms he were using were those I don't usually read from books, perhaps they were more of conversational idioms native to California(?). So I found it really interesting, I've always been fascinated with the English language. Anyway, the book is about where the common phrases or idioms we use came from. It's really fun to read, it is not something like a text book that is trying to teach you history. It is written in an interesting way that'll make you just turn the pages.



My new book #2
Sunshine
by Robin McKinley
Published by The Penguin Group 2004

This book was a gift to me by my very good friend Mhean as a makeup gift. We recently had a misunderstanding but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it paved way for us to prove that we are true friends to each other. Isn't it a treasure to know how much you are valued as a friend?
The book was about vampires, and I am really moved about Mhean's choice of book. It makes me smile to realize she knows me that much, that she's one of the few who knows my fascination about vampires. The even more amazing thing is how specifically she knows what type of vampire story I like, because the book is about a vampire fairytale! ;-)



I have two new books. They may just be two of the thousands printed of their same kind but my two new books have been made unique and priceless by two very dear people in my life.

***********
*Tito - Tagalog for Uncle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur welkam lah

*mwah*

Richard said...

I love books! Although, no one has ever managed to give me a book I enjoyed.

I hope you enjoy those books.

You realize that, according to Romanian folklore, people who change their religion become vapires upon their death.

Cavalock said...

hah..Common Phrases sounds like a nice book!

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

anonymous, thanks.

cosmochick, thanks talaga. mwah! :)

Richard, I prefer to become a vampire thru the bite-me-in-the-neck way, by a handsome vampire of course. :)

Cavalock, yup it is. :)