Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I Miss Him

He is my bestfriend, my confidant. He has always been there for me, thru thick and thin. I've known Him since I was a child but it was only a couple of years ago when our relationship bloomed when I devoted myself to Him, all my heart and soul. I survived because of Him, He gave me a second life which I now am living.

Yet as time passed and I have finally taken hold of my life, I have taken Him for granted. He is still in my heart but I know I have been distant. I have been busy making myself busy that I have not given Him my time that He deserves. We used to talk before I go to sleep, we used to spend quality time on Sundays talking about His love for the world. I used to read His works. But now I fall asleep as soon as I lay on my bed, my Sunday meetings with Him seem to just be a part of my routine -- I go to His house, I stay for an hour then I rush off.

As me and my family gathered around our Christmas eve dinner and I led the thanksgiving prayer, I bowed my head and closed my eyes...and I saw Him smile as I said out loud for us to remember the real essence of Christmas -- His birth. I felt His presence and my heart felt the familiar warm feeling of being close to Him. I miss Him and I know He misses me too.

And so I am going to spend more time with Him. Yes, I will.

3 comments:

Richard said...

I have always been faithful and a believer; however, this does not mean my level of participation has always been constant - I never stopped believing.

At my most religious times I have gone frequently to mass - several times per week. There would b just me the priest and a dozen old women. At some periods I have prayed several times a day. At others, I pray no more than grace and a brief nightime prayer.

Every relationship has it intense moments and its quiet moments - neither is better or worse than the other. Although, the intense periods are generally more satisfying.

Hope you have a holy new year filled with much peace.

Anonymous said...

Wow... religious....

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

aaaaww.. natouch ako.. nakarelate ako..