Friday, May 25, 2007

Twist and spout

Halfway through in the afternoon, some colleagues started to go to the window and stared. I got curious what it was about but I was hesitant to see because I was a little afraid that what could have been amusing them might be something not wholesome (you know what I mean, hehehe). Only when one French guy said "It's a twister" that I got up from my seat and looked out at the window, and for the first time in my life, I could not believe my eyes that I was seeing a true, live tornado. I was so amazed to see the massive twirling air on the bay for minutes.

But well, I found out later it was not called a tornado, but a waterspout, since it was on the water. And that it was not an unusual thing in Singapore, since there are sightings of these 4 to 5 times a year.


View of the waterspout from my office. Not a good pic though since I forgot that my cellphone camera has a zoom. (Actually I have forgotten I had my 6MP digicam in my bag.)



These two awesome pictures are courtesy of Omaritosan from his office view.



That night, I could not believe I have also created my own twister in my mind. It is not good, for it doesn't make you breathe and could blow you away...

6 comments:

Ays said...

hi coffee fairy: sayang, namiss ko yang water spout na yan..

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaaa katakot naman kung totoo yung twister na yan.. tapos 1 km away ka nalang.. haha

Jehzeel Laurente said...

TWISTERRRRRRRR!!! ohh myyyy! waaaa

Cavalock said...

hah! i saw it too! some of the women in my office were quite scared.

Richard said...

I tihnk you are so lucky to be able to see that.

I love the raw power of nature. It can be dangerous, but it is also exhilirating.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

ays, di bale di naman daw rare yan so may chance pa makakita ka. ;)

jemme and jehzel, salamat sa inyong pagdaan sa aking blog. Medyo nakakatakot nga yung waterspout pero mas nakakabighani, hehe. :)

hey Cavalock, i think i know where your office is located now,from your picture of the waterspout. You are quite lucky to be very near sales and IT shows. heehee :)

Hi Richard. Yep, I did feel privileged to have seen something magnificent. I am also fascinated with nature's power. I've been fascinated with the movie Twister, but seeing the real thing is really wow. ;)