Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Permission to be fluffy

My dearest Mr. Paulo Coelho,


First of all, I would like to make it clear that I love you, I love your writings very much. I love your thoughts and they have been part of my inspirations in how I live my life. I have found a great source of comfort from reading your books and thoughts. Thank you very much for sharing them wth us, to the world. I find that there are many of your principles and insights that I concur with, and I am sure you know how much a great relief it is for someone to find another with similar thinking.

You have told us that each one of us has our own personal legend and that we should find it, then fulfil it. You have made it clear that indeed contentment in life is not about having more than what one needs and that indeed the greatest pleasures in life come from simple things.

You have encouraged us to love, for indeed there is no greater happiness than to love and to be loved back. You have not given up with the world and you continue hoping and doing whatever you can to help attain a state of world peace. You have not lost trust.

I do support you in all of these things, but I also would like to let you know that it has not been easy. My life has been full of ironies, that most of the time I think one of fate's favorite past times is to tease me.

I work in the information technology industry, moreso, in the financial domain, the heart of which is all about money making. I have always been competent in this profession and yet I have always been uneasy, like there is something else I should be doing, that which would be more fulfilling. Something that entails caring, not about how to grow more money, but about growing the soul of the community, of the humanity. And yet I cannot quit and shift. Because I need it, to see the world and to keep the quality of life, which is not only mine, but also of those around me. Indeed, what I have realized in time is that the notion about the sense of existence and concern for others can only arise when one is beyond the need to survive. It is the same reasoning as to why we understand when a homeless beggar's concern is where to find food that would keep him alive for the day instead of thinking of how to save mankind. One cannot help others without first helping himself.

I have opened my heart to love, I have kept on being generous of my trust. And yet here I am now, all left with a broken heart. The more I reveal myself, the more I lose myself...

So what am I trying to say? That I am clamming up to the world?
No.
What I am trying to say is that I need to change my perspective a bit. I need a break from thinking deep. I cannot believe if myself, but going through all of what I've been through, I could say that being too perceptive hurts. I need to find that balance, that approach that would neither be too banal nor too eccentric.

Therefore, I would like to say that I am giving it a rest of heart and mind. I do assure you that what I am about to do or to become is not actually about forgetting who I really am. I am just going to focus on the more lighter side of life. Indeed, I do believe that being shallow is very much different from being light.

Yes, it's another start of a new life for me. Thank you very much for hearing me out and for understanding my new approach as a warrior of light.

2 comments:

Ays said...

weehee! let's just be fluffy for now, dear! :)

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

(with a fluffly tone) yeah, Ays, it's gonna be like, uhm, its so fun fluffy life, as in.
hehehe :P