Sunday, September 02, 2007

Confessions of a drama diva (the light version)

Scene 1
One of my favorite places in Singapore is that part of the river in the Central Business District that is overlooking the old Parliament building and Victoria theatre. There are nice benches there you could sit and just look at the river. I go there sometimes during my lunchbreak, I eat this sausage in a bun that I buy in one stall selling along the streets. It was one of those days that I felt the need to be alone and breathe from work so I marched with my food, sat on a bench and was decided I would make this picture of a dainty lady, sitting alone on a bench, eating her lunch and reading a book, and hoping that a gentleman approaches her to share the seat with her, they will exchange hellos, look into each other's eyes, and they will talk and talk and would not notice time passing by...
Ok, so I found a bench, sat on it and endured the heat of the bench that felt a bit like burning my bum (it was noon and the sun was up!). But not long after I took out my food and opened my book did two women approached my bench and comfortably sat at the open part of the bench I am sitting onto. I wanted to say, hello? excuse me but I am saving this seat for my Mr. Right...but of course I didn't, even if in my mind I didn't know why in the world they chose to sit on my bench when there were other benches that were entirely empty. All I could do was to give them a courteous smile. But wait there's more -- they took out their lunches out oftheir lunch boxes and happily munched and chatted away. Grrreat! A picnic! So much for the dramatic woman reading a book :( So fine, I gave up on that but I quickly had another attempt to do my stunt. After hurriedly eating my sandwich, I strutted along the restaurants heading for the coffee shop at the end of the walkway before the bridge. I could have coffee and that would make it more dramatic -- coffee while reading a book...perfect! When I got there though, half of the coffee shop was under construction, so it made it look like a deserted place as there were just a few people. But I insisted, and instead of getting a hot coffee, I decided to get a frappe since I would be sitting outdoors and it was quite humid. Oh yeah, I'm not a quitter. So finally, I got my frappe', got me a table and started reading my book. I've only managed to read a few pages when I started to notice that the sky was becoming dark. I tried to ignore it and continued reading my book, but my rational mind was telling me that knowing how the weather in Singapore can drastically change within minutes, I better admit that I was foreseeing heavy rains pouring down soon. Finally, I couldn't stand my instinct any longer, I packed up and headed back to office. True enough, while I was walking back it started to drizzle and a few minutes more the rain poured heavily, just in time when I made a few running strides (I was wearing high heeled shoes!) until making it to the covered area where I conveniently went inside the MRT tunnel that links the buildings underground and made it possible for me to walk back to my office without getting soaked.

Scene 2
It was another bad day at work. It was Friday and I decided that I would turn down any Friday night invitation from my friends if ever, buy some comfort food, go home, lock myself in my room, cry while watching my A Walk to Remember vcd then pig out. So at 6pm sharp I ran out of office, took the train going home, bought a 2-piece chicken meal at KFC, with side salad and cheese fries at the mall near our condo and walked home, and in a record breaking less than an hour spent I already was standing outside our condo gates when I realized after funneling into my bag for a thousand times, that I forgot my house keys inside my room!!! Arrrghhh! Whatta luck!!! I called my housemates, hoping that one of them would be on their way home, but as I have expected they were still in office and would not be home for more than an hour. So I had no choice but to pass time and I decided I'd just go back to the mall and watch a movie. When I got to the cinema though, of all the timings that would fit, it was the movie Rush Hour 3 that was available. Arrrghh! Was this some kind of joke? That movie was the last movie I wanted to see that day as it reminded me of a place which made me feel drained with all my patience and hope of warmth from the people in that posh and popular country. But I had no choice, I bought the ticket, ate my KFC at the side walkway of the mall and waited for the start of the movie. In fairness though, I did laugh while watching the movie, although to be honest it's something that you could afford to miss in the theatres.

Lesson of the stories: Wag na kasing magdrama-drama. =/ (Don't be such a drama queen).

3 comments:

Ays said...

haha..puro bloopers ka, foy! pero in fairness, determined ka don sa "lady by the river" na drama mo..fighting spirit galore!

dayOHbee said...

hahaha! ankulet! oo nga, anlakas ng fighting spirit! :D

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

hehehe, pasaway lang talaga ako. :P