Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another Starbucks city mug adventure

14 Sept 2008
5:08pm
Tokyo, Japan



So here I am again at Narita airport. I have been thinking about it and realized that this is my eighth time here. Imagine that, eight times I've been here in Japan but I've never seen it still. Talk about being in a place physically, but not actually being there.

Anyways, since my flight from LA was an hour ahead of its scheduled arrival here, I have three hours layover. I've never explored this airport before since usually my layovers were just an hour or two, just enough to go through the security checks, freshen up in the washroom and find the next gate. Well, now I had some more time, so I went around, in search of Starbucks. I was excited when I found it on the map and even more when I got into the store. I was amazed to find city mugs, in a different style than the ones I was used to. What a joy to see those colorful mugs! I settled to buy the Tokyo mug since I've only been here to Tokyo. Well, in fact, just what I have said earlier, I don't even know if this qualifies as being here but well, come on, I've been here 8 times.

Anyhow, it was fun buying that Tokyo mug plus a Soy latte because the barista didn't speak English except for two or three words but we understood each other when he asked me if I'd like to have the mug gift wrapped and when I asked if I could pay by credit card. It was nice, even if I have no idea how much I paid for that (I do not have an idea of the foreign exchange conversion for JPY).

No comments: