Monday, September 01, 2008

Will this dream come true?

1 Sept 2008
Anaheim, CA


When you wish upon a star...


While waiting for the fireworks in front of Sleeping beauty's castle tonight, there was a guy who asked the security if they could have a quick photo session at the area in front of the castle which was already secured. I think it was for pre-nuptial photos. The security was kind enough to let them so they posed and took pictures there in front of the crowd. Their last pose was the guy kneeling down to the girl and holding her hand. Then some of the people applaused after that, I think they found it sweet or perhaps they thought it was a marriage proposal.

I smiled. I found it sweet too as I admired how the guy was very determined to get a photo there with his beloved. (Sigh) That's love.

Then a thought suddenly crossed my mind: I asked myself, would I like to be proposed at in front of hundreds of people? Well, I don't really feel comfortable to be the center of attention, and I wouldn't want that special moment to become like a theatre play, but at the same time, I do would like to have some kind of spotlight on me on this moment. Then voila, suddenly, I just knew what would be the perfect way of proposing marriage to me. I actually surprised myself a bit, because I thought I'm already jaded and that I have already made myself stop thinking of these cheesy things. But well, I was in Disneyland and it is a happy place so I guess I only had happy thoughts.

Anyways, I am going to write it down and then I will forget about it after this. Here goes: I would be someplace with a lot of people, but it would be in a happy place, something like...yeah, Disneyland. I would be in the middle of a crowd of people walking their own ways on one sunny day, and I would be waiting for him since he said he'd just go get something and said he'll be back quickly. So I wait, and then I look at the happy people passing around me -- happy children, happy parents, happy young couples.


I smile. And I think about my beloved and I start to look out for him, for his return. I look out at the throngs of people who do not know me and who do not know him. He's not there. Then I look around and around again, still not there. Where could he be? I wonder.


Then I look out once more and there, in the crowd, I see a familiar face, and our eyes lock and he holds up one arm to reveal two dozens of very red roses he is holding. He smiles as he starts to walk towards me. And there, with hundreds of people, it will feel like it is just me and him that is there. Then he stops in front of me, hands me the roses and kneels down. He takes my right hand and says the magical words as he holds out the ring that is only meant for me. I will say yes and we will kiss and embrace tightly. And we will live happily ever after...


Indeed, I hope that this dream is one those that do come true...


3 comments:

andiboi said...

huy! gising! wahahaha!
and I quote; I don't really feel comfortable to be the center of attention ...talaga ba Foyan, ikaw yan ;p

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

hoy Andiboi! this is my panaginip kaya walang kokontra! bwahahaha :P
haller, pag matters of the heart shy ako no, hehehe :P

aoi soba said...

pressure masyado pag public, pano pag ayaw mo pa pakasal :P

---Bitter Ocampo