Friday, September 05, 2008

That's love


He's been in love with her since highschool. He joined the school choir just to be with her. She's turned him down for so many times. I can still remember those days a little more than a decade ago when she would tell me how annoyed she was with his persistence.


I've seen her grow up into a fine young lady, witnessed how she fell in and out of her first love, then fell in love again and got deeply hurt. I've seen her cry her heart out and tried to hold on to something that wasn't there. He has been living thousands of miles away but he has been there all along, not leaving her.



And today, I've witnessed them take each other as husband and wife, to have and to hold, to love, to cherish and be faithful to each other, for as long as they live.


When my sister accepted his proposal to marry him, I asked her how was she able to know that he was the right man for her. She answered that with the right man, the things that happened that led to her being hurt would be corrected, like re-living the events once more but this time they happen in the right way. I admire her for that, for her courage. After getting hurt, she had been cautious but she did not get afraid, and she never gave up on love. Perhaps, I too should still give love a chance.




Kayan and Mac
5 Sept 2008
Old Town Alexandria, Virginia

1 comment:

iamKayan said...

Sniff sniff... =')