Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Sleepless in Maryland

It's 4:38a.m. here in Maryland and I can't seem to make myself go sleep.

Could it be because I slept most of the time during the flight from LA to DC?
But it was just 5 hours of flight and I only had a couple of hours' sleep the night before so I should be knackered by now.

Could it be because this is the first time I am in this place?
Nah, I'm used to travelling and sleeping in different places. I can even sleep in a tent at a campsite.

Could it be because I ate too much ice cream for dessert last night?
Well, my stomach did get a bit upset from the milk but not really much to disturb me.

Could it be because of the big mug of coffee I had at midnight?
Maybe. But then again, I am used to having coffee at any time of the day and I think I'm already actually immune to it.

Could it be because of the new timezone I am at?
Ahh, yes, perhaps that's it. It's actually just 1:38am in California and I have only just adjusted to the West coast time coming from Singapore time, then now I'm in another time zone and I have yet to adjust on the east coast time. Yeah, maybe my body clock is quite confused right now.

Could that be really the reason? Or is there something else in my mind?
Hmmm, perhaps there is.

No comments: