Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What kind of car are you?

I was blog hopping one day when I saw an entry with a link to Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.


And here's the result:

I'm a Mazda RX-8!

You're sporty, yet practical, and you have a style of your own. You like to have fun, and you like to bring friends along for the ride, but when it comes time for everyday chores, you're willing to do your part.



*********
Hmm, so that's me if I'm a car I guess. =)

Anyways, this made me realize again how much I would like to have a car of my own since I started to be aware of my interest in driving (which was since I was a kid and I had this fascination on driving bump cars!). Though yes I've been driving since I was 17 but I've not been driving a car, because what we had was the family utility vehicle, a '97 Toyota Tamaraw FX
(photo not our actual vehicle but looks the same and taken from
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/730702, I believe this model was exclusive for the Philippine market and is currently already obsolete as of now). It's not really fit for a little gal like me. I remember my classmate in college freshman year who, after walking me to the University parking lot and saw my "wheels", couldn't help but gasp "Foyan, you have a big car!"

Hahaha, I know.
But really, it was not big, I was just small for it. (Imagine what I would look like if I were driving a big van/truck in Texas, big there is actually reeeeeally BIG!).But in fairness it was powersteering and the seat was high enough and the rear and side mirrors were big enough so it was easier actually to drive as compared to a car where you seemed to be eaten up by the car seat if you're a petite person so it will be a challenge to see beyond the dashboard and rear end plus the side mirrors are small.

It's not that I have not tried driving a car at all and that I am not proficient in driving a car. I did learn to drive using a car from the driving school. Then in Oct 2003 we finally bought a second hand '98 Mitsubishi Lancer GLi (photo on the left is our actual car) although I only have been able to drive it for just brief moments due to I dont know how to explain it but it happened that my only bro got to use it while I got the FX.
If I stayed back home last year and did not resign from my job, by now I would be driving my own brand new car. It would have been either a Toyota VIOS or Honda City,the only cars I could afford at most. =( But well, I had to go, as I had a more important priority. It's just sad that in Singapore it is almost impossible for me to get myself a car, as it is tooooo expensive that even only a few of the local population has cars. So right now I could only wish and dream I have a car. Anyhow, you really can't have it all. Wuwuwu =,(

8 comments:

Prince Romp said...

I personally think...
its not necessary to own a car back here in spore..

Unless if u r willing to waste at least 1 or 2k every month...

furthermore...it just for transport purposes. And most of the time, we r busy working.

The only time for us to enjoy our rides r on weekend...but how far we can go? The most to JB. And nowadyas isnt that safe anymore..

You hav a nice blog.
by the way...are you pare or mare?

I got learn a few tagalog from my working colleagues...

maybe i can learn a few more from you too..

Sige Sige..

Regards.

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

hi! thanks for droppin by.
Yea, you're right, it's more convenient to ride the public transport here. I'm happy to see you are interested in Tagalog, sure I can teach you more if you want. By the way, last time I checked I am a mare ;o)

Prince Romp said...

Hello mare...

Good to see you again..
So the last you were mare then now
still mare again or pare? hee..

Salamat for ur reply...

Sige sige..

Anonymous said...

I'm an Audi TT!
Yeah, that's me.

Anonymous said...

I'm a Lotus Elise!

Prince Romp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Prince Romp said...

Fairy maganda..

Okay abt tagged...
Im not pretty sure too..

but to what i understand..
Someone will ask you to do some same task or watever and you must comply it...and you may tag others too..

you can read again my ( tag me not ) post.

Anyway...since u has asked me.
pls refer to the link i put in 'Tag me not' post.

You have been tagged!! good luck!

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Oh no! I've been tagged!?!? So much of me and my curiosity (hehehe =P )